PR Training Ltd deliver B+E Training to ensure that you hold the correct licence category in order to tow a trailer lawfully for domestic and commercial customers. Trailers would include Caravans, Horse-Boxes, Construction Plant Machinery and Car Transporters.
Licences held after 1st January 1997
If you passed your car driving test after 1st January 1997 and have an ordinary category B licence, you are able to:
- Drive a vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes or 3,500kgs MAM towing a trailer of upto 750kg MAM.
- Tow a trailer over 750kgs MAM as long as the combined weight of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3500kgs.
Licences held before 1st January 1997
If you passed your car driving test before 1st January 1997 you are able to:
- Drive a vehicle and trailer combination of upto 8.25 tonnes MAM.
- This is the total weight of a vehicle or trailer including the maximum load that can be carried safely when being used on the road.
- You should also possess the entitlement to drive a minibus with a trailer over 750kg MAM.
B+E Driver training can be delivered on a 1:1 or 2:1 (Candidates: Instructor).
For further information on towing trailers, please watch the video below: